SFO – CA
The Data Architect is the champion of the Data and structures it to meet the business needs. The Data Architect will collaborate with various teams and needs to be able to work well in a matrix environment.
• Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop a Retail specific BI Platform that conforms to consistent methodologies, standards and industry best practices.
• Participate in defining and documenting overall data architectures for custom business applications.
• Own, develop and nurture the logical & physical DW data model to support macys.com.
• Architect, develop and ensure effective deployment of business functional specific semantic layer.
• Architect, design and ensure deployment of the metadata layer.
• Understand the business objectives and adjust the architecture to efficiently meet the objectives in a timely manner with a focus on data integrity and quality.
• Ensure that all of the products and data within the platform are architected and integrated as a cohesive unit, ensuring proper documentation.
• Participate in evaluating requirements, working with engineers and product managers to provide solutions to end users.
• Provide technical leadership to other members of the development team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications for our clients.
• Participate in product evaluations, RFP's, POC's and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization.
• Extensive experience with very large data repositories (10+ terabytes).
• 7-10 years working as an Architect for software development, database and Business Intelligence Solutions.
• Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision.
• Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
• Experience with Agile a Plus.
• Must be flexible and capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines.
• Must be an effective communicator and able to work with executives, engineers, managers, web/API/database 6 developers, QA testers, internal customers and external partners.
• Extensive experience architecting OLTP/OLAP databases with enterprise modeling tools like ERStudio, Erwin, etc.
• Strong written communication skills including design documentation, proof of concept and prototype analysis and documentation.
• Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and design.
• Experience with DB2 Warehouse edition, Oracle, Teradata or other large scale data warehouse appliances.
• Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices.
• Very competent SQL skills for DB2, Oracle, SQL Server & Teradata platforms