|Description:||2 Wireless – Sr QA Engineers (RF centric)
Deploying Access Point infrastructures to support wireless products and services to be delivered via Wi-Fi radios and a core network.
QA has been asked to qualify the new systems that will be deployed (in support of provisioning, device management and authentication / authorization). This candidate will test the new Access Point infrastructure that will be deployed in 2Q2012 to support wireless subscribers on Wi-Fi technology and ensure it seamlessly weaves into the currently-deployed infrastructure. Testing includes qualification of the Cable Modem interworking with Wi-Fi radio interfaces, writing testing scripts to automate VeriWave testing platform to verify Wi-Fi radio functionalities, and end to end performance and operational impacts of the Wi-Fi radio infrastructure.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Develop a testing strategy and a test plan, emphasizing on end to end Wi-Fi radio performance on 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n access point technologies.
• Configure Access Points (AP), monitor wireless connectivity and the backhaul transport network – underlying backhaul transport (DOCSIS, Ethernet, Optical, PON) , and any supporting devices like AP controllers or tunnel termination during the end to end testing.
• Configure network elements with filter rules to support: SSH, DHCP, TFTP, ICMP, SNMP traps, L2TP, SNTP, DNS, TELENET, HTTP/ HTTPS .
• Execute test cases, log test results.
• Add/modify test scenarios as necessary during the test effort.
• Develop test automation scripts and result reporting process.
• Use problem report database throughout cycle to clearly describe and document issues found during test effort
• Articulate system impact and assess priority of issues that are found during testing
• Participate in cross-department review of test progress and defect reviews
• Escalate to QA Lead when service-impacting issues arise and threaten schedule
• Collaborate with Wireless Engineering and infrastructure vendors as necessary