Job Title: Nursing-Pediatrics Director-Florida
|Job Title:||Nursing-Pediatrics Director-Florida|
|Primary Skills:||Nursing-Pediatric, Nursing-NICU|
|Description:||Pediatrics Director needed for a mid-sized, acute care hospital on the panhandle of Florida, largest closest city is Tallahassee.
Position will manage a 10 bed, level 2 NICU and a 20+ bed pedi unit.
Job Duties include:
Management of Department Personnel:
- Provides effective leadership and supervisory support to staff
- Selects qualified and competent employees
- Ensures that all employees are provided with appropriate orientation and in-services
- Projects and coordinates sufficient staffing to meet patient care needs
- Assures that qualifications and competencies of all employees are current
- Conducts formal evaluations according to policy
- Communicates vision and priorities
- Facilitates development of a team
- Establishes performance expectations and provide coaching to achieve positive results
- Empowers staff to make decision by providing information and tools
- Role Models ICARE standards
- Fosters teamwork, effective communication and collaboration among all departments
- Continually seeks, analyzes and enhances patient care and services to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the customer
- Anticipates department needs relative to finances, space and resources
- Manages personnel resources and adjusts to changing work-load, staff absence, and other needs within parameters of staffing targets
- Responsible for appropriate equipment purchase
- Monitors and ensure compliance with the department budget
Patient Care and Advocacy:
- Formulates, reviews and revises policies and procedures
- Monitors quality and appropriateness of patient care. Evaluates information, identifies and resolves problems.
- Assures that department complies with all patient satisfaction goals and JCAHO standards
- Understands the approaches and methods of performance improvement
- Facilitates the staff in solving problems and addressing patient care issues/problems
- Participates in appropriate hospital committees and task forces specific to department services
RN with BSN is required and MSN strongly preferred. Stable work history and previous nursing management experience required.